Welcome to the Bedford Pollinator Pathway! Please download our brochure > and commit to at least four of the following steps.
- Avoid pesticides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers
- Plant native trees, shrubs and plants
- Limit leaf blower use. Leaf blowers disrupt butterflies and bees that hibernate in the soil or in leaf litter
- Forgo fall clean up and leave some areas undisturbed during the winter season
- Switch off the lights! Light pollution harms nocturnal insects like moths, and distracts migrating birds
- Consider changing (a part) of the lawn into a meadow or creating planting beds
- Choose plants that don’t require extra watering
- Remove invasive species and replace them with native species
- Use living mulch in the form of ground covers and plants
- Place a yard sign in a good visual spot and invite people to join the Pollinator Pathways
Copies of the brochure, the ten steps and a yard sign are available for free at the Bedford2020 office
MAKE SURE YOU FILL IN YOUR COMPLETE ADDRESS (NUMBER, STREET AND TOWN) IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND WRITE POLLINATOR PATHWAYS BEDFORD IN THE MESSAGE LINE
(We promise never to use your name in combination with your address)
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!